Monday, August 8, 2011

FINISHED

After two and a half years, I have finished the second draft of Mrs. Shadow. I don't remember ever feeling quite like this after finishing a work - a little melancholy. I started this book before Rebecca was pregnant, before I started working at AIM. I started off with a plot that was just a metaphor for puberty, and it ended up as a book about Bad Things Happening to Nice People. I like it a lot. After Rebecca finishes helping me edit it, I think I'll start to query again.

Happier news: over the next week, I'll start writing my next book. More and more is coming to me, and I think it's going to be a much, much faster book to write. I only have three months before the baby is born, so I'd better take advantage of the quiet time while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment