Monday, June 15, 2009

Great news!

Now what?

Today, I revised the first fifteen pages of The Cherubim - moved a few things around, added a few things. For some reason, the first paragraph is always the hardest for me. It has to really draw in the reader, and I always pay extra attention to it - it has to hit hard. I spent as much time on that paragraph as the next two pages combined.

The phone rang a little after lunch. The place where I was interviewed a couple of weeks ago called me back; they've offered me the position. The job pays better than any place I've worked, offers amazing benefits, and has some sort of commission system where I'll get paid... for something or another. I really don't know; they said they'll get back to me tomorrow morning with details about that. This is big, huge, great, amazing news.

The recruiter said I'd start next Monday - if they could get the information to me this afternoon. That's out the door, so I may start the Monday after next. The only problem is: what about the book? I'll have to figure out how to handle this. I need at least three more weeks to get it into decent shape. I guess I'll have to start doing this stuff on the weekends / after work.

Which doesn't give me as much time, but - the past four months was a great run. I knew it had to end sometime; hopefully, I've given myself enough to work with for now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Robert! You'll find time to do the things that are important to you.

    ReplyDelete