Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Officially official

I've just sent back the scanned, signed offer letter. In twelve days, I'll start my job as a data analyst.

That sounds like an awful job title, like I'm planning on becoming a robot. For the mildly interested, a data analyst is apparently a person who goes through health providers' dense data files and figures out a system for overpayments. In a majorly geeky way, I'm really excited about it. It's all crunching numbers and figuring out patterns, and there's bonus figures for how well I do it, which is a first for me.

The only concern I have, like I said before - how will this affect my writing? Am I going to be able to balance the job and the books?

I'm maybe an eighth of the way through my third draft of The Cherubim. I plan to be near the halfway mark by the time I start work. I hope.

1 comment: