Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day eleven

Nearly done writing for now - on track to finish by tomorrow.

I originally planned to keep this journal vague, since I wasn't sure anyone would want to read about my personal life, but - looking back, I'm going to really regret not talking about how excited I am about the Obama presidency. In Texas, my wife and I are one of the very few who aren't die hard conservative Republicans, so they didn't broadcast the inauguration at the office - in fact, no one talked about it. So I had to wait until I got home to check it out.
It felt like I was dreaming. I've been excited about Obama for the last few years (since his speech at the DNC back in the day), but thought he was such a long shot. Watching him take the oath, I thought, damn it, sometimes things DO turn out for the best.

1 comment:

  1. It was just amazing, wasn't it? Watching, I could feel the WHOLE WORLD watching with us, sharing this moment, holding our collective breath, and rejoicing. Just incredible.

    President Obama!

    Yeah!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete