Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anniversary

Tomorrow is our first anniversary! I'm not sure what's expected on an anniversary. I think it's sort of a birthday for relationships, but without the cake. I really wouldn't mind an anniversary cake, honestly. But we're going out of town and staying in a bed and breakfast. My 28th birthday is less than a week away; cake can wait until then!

Sometimes, when I try to remember what happened a year ago, I pause. I think, there's no way that a year could've passed by so quickly. But considering what's happened since we were married - I don't feel like I've been cheated by time.

I'm genuinely happier than I've ever been in my life. I hope our next anniversary finds life just as spectacular for Rebecca and me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure life will get better and better as the years go by. Congrats, to you and Rebecca! Happy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you! May your love grow deeper and truer with every passing year.
    You're both wonderful.

    Cake: Hey, why not make Rebecca a strawberry shortcake for anniversary? Nice and light. Yummy. Only takes a few minutes to make. Great time of year to get strawberries, too.

    2 lbs fresh strawberries
    1/2 cup sugar (1 cup if you like it sweeter, I like mine tart, though)
    package of short cakes
    1 pint heavy whipping cream

    whip heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar until firm

    cook strawberries and sugar (no liquid) in a med sauce pot to low boil. Boil 3-5 minutes (until sugar isn't grainy anymore). Remove from heat, cool ten minutes.

    Poor over cakes. Top with whipped cream.

    Enjoy!

    Again, Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday, too, if I forget to pop over and tell you next week. You guys have a great weekend celebrating!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I spray the inside of the sauce pot with No Stick cooking spray before I put the strawberries and sugar in. Makes it way easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys!

    I *so* miss strawberry shortcake... I missed the chance to do it for our anniversary :-( We still had an amazing time, and I'm pretty sure she's working on a post now detailing our adventures. The last few days have been an absolute blur. I may (or may not, depending) have new job news to share in the next few days. I'm still waiting to catch my breath first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness you guys are so sweet! i just realized you have your own blog so i came over here from rebecca's to say well just to say congrats on your wonderful love and that i wish you both so much happiness! and thanks for sharing your stories and photos with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete